Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Favorites - Michigan Style!

Hello!

I am LONG overdue for a Friday Favorites post and I do apologize for that! The quitting my job, move, and surprise trip (thanks hubby!!) to Michigan has made life a little chaotic. But no worries, I am back and have some awesome ideas lined up for the next couple weeks of Friday Favorites.

But with my recent trip to Michigan, I decided this week to show off a little of my home state!

Enjoy :)


1. Michigan Beaches

[source]

How can you not look at that and see heaven on earth? The white sand, and blue waters of the Great Lakes HAVE to be one of my favorites. I didn't get to make it to Lake Michigan on this recent trip but I have SO many fond memories there from my childhood, to my 1st date with my hubby, and winter trips to see all the frozen ice.

2. University of Michigan football

[source]

Yes, the blue and maize does flow through my blood :)


3. Fredrick Meijer Gardens

[source]

A paradise of sculptures and beautiful landscape. It is the perfect place to spend an afternoon just wandering, getting lost in the moment and feel of the gardens.

4. Michigan's Upper Peninsula

[source]

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is one of the most gorgeous places on earth (I am a little bias I know!). But from the flowing waterfalls, to the wildlife, to the places that are seemingly untouched it is perfect. The hubby and I have spent lots of time of there and it is the stillness that just captures your heart and makes you come back, over and over again.

5. The Mitten State Shirts

[source]

If you live in Michigan (or don't) you NEED to have one of these shirts. The hubby and I have a few each and they are awesome! Not only are the design, unique and funny but the shirts wash great as well!


So was that convincing enough? :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Diane, Michigan seems awesome!
    Thanks for the great pics, they were
    wonderful

    ReplyDelete