Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Amazing Project

First of all, I am SO sorry for my lack of posting/updating. This job hunt thing is taking way longer than I had anticipated and throw in a wedding trip in the mix, and there went a month. I promise that I have some exciting things coming up (some I can't quite share yet - but they will come!). Pst... did you see what is going on over on my Facebook page? :)

BUT the real reason of this post is to share an AWESOME project. Betsy from The Dainty Daisy has a beautiful and generous heart and came up with an idea to help out families that have micro-preemie babies. She has recently known someone closely to lose their child, a child born way to soon, and left this world too soon. So as a way of honoring that child (Rosie) and all children, the project is called Rosie's Cozies (so cute right!).

On her blog she posted the pattern for teeny tiny hats. The goal is to shower Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI (my almost hometown) with tons and tons of beanies for their little ones. They will accept any size hat from preemie to adult.

It is such an awesome idea and I am so honored to be a part of this. I made 4 hats last night :) No baby big or small should be allowed to NOT have an adorable beanie!

Please if you are willing make up some hats and send them to Betsy, her address is on the blog. If you can't crochet they will also take donations for the families that are there. And above else, pray. Pray that this project is a success, Pray for the families that are their now, and Pray for those who are yet to be born that they remain in the womb until they are full-term.

Thank you all!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment